The Facts Of Vaping
WHAT IS VAPING?
Vaping refers to the use of an electronic device that heats a liquid turning it into an aerosol (vapour) which the user inhales.
Vaping is different to smoking, which burns tobacco leaf creating smoke. Both vaping and smoking deliver nicotine, but it is the burning of tobacco that causes most of the harm. Vaping, however, is not completely harmless.
The vaping liquid (also called e-liquid) contains propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, plus flavours and the option of nicotine.
• Propylene glycol creates a throat sensation similar to smoking.
• A higher ratio vegetable glycerine gives more vapour.
• Different flavours are added for personal preference.
• Nicotine is optional, and comes in different levels of strength.
Vape devices are also known as e-cigarettes. There are two types, both of which need charging:
• Discreet pod or pen devices are mouth-to-lung devices.
• Pod devices have a battery and a disposable e-liquid cartridge.
• Pen devices have a battery, a tank that refills with liquid, and a coil that heats the vapour.
• More complex tank devices are direct-to-lung devices and are the ones that can make big vapour.
Vaping can help smokers stop by delivering nicotine. Vaping is a lot less harmful than smoking. Only vape to stop smoking.